AboutPrateek is a writer, designer, researcher, and educator based in Providence, Rhode Island. His practice critically interrogates language, history, and memory in the context of South Asia’s difficult colonial past.
Prateek’s current research explores the colonial afterlife of the English language, its fractalization into a mosaic of World Englishes, and the profound implications this has on contemporary formations of citizenship, technology, and pedagogy He has been awarded the SPUR Fund to develop a sound-based “living archive” of World Englishes in extension of his research.
At present, Prateek holds multiple roles at the Rhode Island School of Design, including Lecturer in the Department of Theory + History of Art & Design, Strategic Design Fellow — Research & Insight at the Center for Complexity, and Coordinator of the Center for Arts & Language. He holds a master’s in cultural studies and critical theory from the Rhode Island School of Design, and a bachelor’s in architectural design from the School of Planning and Architecture in New Delhi. Prateek is a recipient of the Young India and RISD fellowships and is a participating artist in the Futura Trōpica Netroots.
- MA Global Arts and Cultures, Rhode Island School of Design
- PG Diploma in Liberal Studies, Ashoka University
- Bachelors in Building Sciences—Architecture, School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi
Work Shared in CORE
Upcoming Talks and Conferences
- Panel Presentation / Embodied Englishes: Framing Extralingual Citizenship at 25th Conference of the International Association of World Englishes / Stony Brooks, USA / June 16th.
- Panel Presentation / The Extralingual Student: World Englishes in the Modern Classroom at the 2nd IAFOR Conference on Education / Paris, France / June 18th.
- Panel Discussion / “We are all connected through our stories” – sponsored by BISA’s Colonial, Postcolonial and Decolonial (CPD) Working Group / ISA 2024 Annual Convention / San Francisco
- International Association of World Englishes
- International Academic Forum
- International Studies Association
- Futura Trōpica Netroots