My research interests include Shakespeare, cultural studies, adaptation studies (particularly animation studies), ecocriticism (particularly environmental justice movements), early modern history, and Anglo-Ottoman encounters in the early modern period.
I am the General Editor of the “Turkish Shakespeares
” Project which aims to introduce texts, productions, and research on Turkish Shakespeares to a broader international audience of students, teachers, and researchers with blog entries, short descriptions, and links to productions and adaptations, and a bibliography with hyperlinks of secondary works on Shakespeare in Turkey.
I am also a researcher at the AHRC-funded project “Medieval and Early Modern Orients
” which aims to contribute to our understanding of the medieval and early modern encounters between England and the Islamic Worlds.
I have co-edited Materializing the East in Early Modern English Drama
(Bloomsbury, 2023) and am currently editing volumes about court entertainment, adaptations of Shakespeare in Turkey, and influential female Shakespeareans in Turkey. I have written book chapters and articles in well-established publishers and journals (such as Bloomsbury, Cambridge University Press, Oxford University Press, Renaissance Studies Journal
, and Multicultural Shakespeare
), and I have been a reviewer in international publishers and journals (such as Routledge, RiDE
, Multicultural Shakespeare
, and Sage Open
). Currently, I am working on performance practices representing the East in early modern commercial drama, court entertainment, and academic drama.
I am the Turkish international correspondent of the World Shakespeare Bibliography
and a regional editor for Turkish entries at the Global Shakespeares Project
at MIT. I am the International Collaboration and Cooperation Manager at The Turkish Society for Theatre Research (TSTR)
and Advisory Board Member at Multicultural Shakespeare: Translation, Appropriation and Performance Journal.
PhD (Integrated) : 2008-16 Department of English Language and Literature, Faculty of Letters, Hacettepe University.
Dissertation Title : “Shakespeare’s Satirical Representation of the Elizabethan Court and the Nobility in His English History Plays”
Bachelor of Arts : 2008, English Language and Literature, Gaziantep University.
Visiting Scholar : 1 Aug. 2012 – 10 Jan. 2013, Graduate Center, City University New York, New York.
Nov. 2018-Jan. 2019 : Learning and Teaching in Higher Education in the Digital Age Certificate, Anadolu University.
Jun. 2016 : Teacher Training Seminar on Formal Correspondence and Meetings Certificate, Hacettepe University, Department of English Language and Literature.
Feb. 2016 : The Second Teacher Training Seminar on English Language and Literature Certificate, Hacettepe University, Department of English Language and Literature.
Oct. 2007-Feb. 2008 : Theatre Education Certificate, Gaziantep Mayoral Theatre.
2006-2007 : English Language Teaching Certificate, Gaziantep University.
The Council of Higher Education (Turkey) Scholarship. Visiting Scholar at City University New York, New York, 1 Aug. 2012 – 10 Jan. 2013.
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBİTAK) Scholarship. Paper Presentation at “Re-thinking the Monstrous: Violence and Criminality in Society”, Munich, Germany, 2011
Work Shared in CORE
- Öğütcü, Murat. “The Three Ladies of London (ca. 1581): re-reading anxieties of Anglo-Ottoman exchanges through critical race theory.” Renaissance Studies 37.5 (2023): 648-664. [AHCI] [https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/share/author/NT6DGEEXNJKUD82HGEMQ?target=10.1111/rest.12889]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “İkinci Katil [The Second Murderer]: A Turkish Adaptation of Shakespeare’s Scottish Play, Macbeth.” English Studies 102.8 (2021): 1086-1104. [AHCI] [https://doi.org/10.1080/0013838X.2021.1952682]
- Öğütcü Murat. “Teaching Shakespeare Digitally: The Turkish Experience.” Research in Drama Education: The Journal of Applied Theatre and Performance 25.1 (2020): 92-102. [SSCI] [https://doi.org/10.1080/13569783.2019.1689110]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Julius Caesar: Tyrannicide Made Unpopular.” Parergon 34.1 (2017): 109-128. [AHCI] [https://doi.org/10.1353/pgn.2017.0005]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Turkish Shakespeare Studies: An Origins Story.” Multicultural Shakespeare: Translation, Appropriation and Performance 27.42 (2023): 87-109. [ESCI] [https://doi.org/10.18778/2083-8530.27.06] [forthcoming]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Lavery’s Frozen: The Psychosexual History of a Sexual Predator and the Poetics of Anti-Paedophilia.” Selçuk University Journal of Faculty of Letters (SEFAD) 39 (2018): 157-168. [ESCI] [https://doi.org/10.21497/sefad.443444]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Gerontoloji ve edebiyat: Genel bir bakış.” [Gerontology and Literature: A General Overview]. RumeliDE Dil ve Edebiyat Araştırmaları Dergisi 27 (2022): 728-744. [https://doi.org/10.29000/rumelide.1105702]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “The Politics of Sports in Louise Page’s Golden Girls.” DTCF Journal 59.2 (2019): 871-882. [MLA] [http://dx.doi.org/10.33171/dtcfjournal.2019.59.2.8]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Von Freunden und Fraktionen: Die Historiendramen von Shakespeare.” [Of Friends and Factions: Shakespeare’s History Plays.] Hacettepe University Journal of Faculty of Letters 36.1 (2019): 179-187. [MLA] [https://doi.org/10.32600/huefd.430253]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “The ‘Gothic’ in Hamlet: The Role of the Macabre in Creating Cathartic Horror.” DTCF Journal 57.1 (2017): 138-156. [MLA] [https://doi.org/10.1501/Dtcfder_0000001507] [http://dtcfdergisi.ankara.edu.tr/index.php/dtcf/article/download/1747/1585]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “The Court, The Nobility and the Monarch’s Responsibilities in Shakespeare’s Elizabethan History Plays.” The Journal of International Social Research 9.43 (2016): 412-419. [MLA] [https://doi.org/10.17719/jisr.20164317617] [http://www.sosyalarastirmalar.com/cilt9/sayi43_pdf/1dil_edebiyat/ogutcu_murat.pdf]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Against ’others’ feet’: Reassessing Nationalism in Sidney and Spenser.” İDEA Special Issue, Gaziantep University Journal of Social Sciences 18 (2019): 139–149. [TR Index] [https://doi.org/10.21547/jss.596529]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “A Tale of Two Nations: Chaucer, Henryson, Shakespeare, Troilus and Criseyde.” Pamukkale University Journal of Social Sciences Institute (PAUSBED) 34 (2019): 183-191. [TR Index] [https://doi.org/10.30794/pausbed.428460]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Public Execution and Justice on/off the Elizabethan Stage: Shakespeare’s First Tetralogy.” Mediterranean Journal of Humanities 6.2 (2016): 361–379. [TR Index] [https://doi.org/10.13114/MJH.2016.304] [http://proje.akdeniz.edu.tr/mcri/mjh/6-2/MJH-12-20-Murat_OGUTCU.pdf]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Rönesans İngilteresi’nin Ayı Dövüşleri Gerçekten Geçmişte Mi Kaldı?” [Are Bearbaitings of Early Modern England Really Left in the Past?] Şarkî: Üç Aylık Edebiyat ve Sanat Dergisi (Edebiyat ve Kültürde Hayvanlar: Hayvan Çalışmaları Özel Sayısı) 6–7 (2018): 182–192. [https://www.researchgate.net/publication/336687131_Ronesans_Ingilteresi%27nin_Ayi_Dovusleri_Gercekten_Gecmiste_Mi_Kaldi_Are_Bearbaitings_of_Early_Modern_England_Really_Left_in_the_Past/stats]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Milton Lost and Regained in Turkey: Milton Regained in Turkish Higher Education.” Milton Across Borders and Media. Eds. Islam Issa and Angelica Duran. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2023. 129-140. [forthcoming]
- Öğütcü, Murat, and Aisha Hussain. “Introduction.” Materializing the East in Early Modern English Drama. Eds. Murat Öğütcü and Aisha Hussain. London: Arden, 2023. 1-13. https://www.bloomsburycollections.com/book/materializing-the-east-in-early-modern-english-drama/introduction
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Materializing Mamluks and Turks in Salterne’s Tomumbeius.” Materializing the East in Early Modern English Drama. Eds. Murat Öğütcü and Aisha Hussain. London: Arden, 2023. 17-38. https://www.bloomsburycollections.com/book/materializing-the-east-in-early-modern-english-drama/ch1-materializing-mamluks-and-turks-in-salterne-s-tomumbeius
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Contemporary Turkish Shakespeares: New Breath to Old Lives.” Early Modern Liveness: Mediating Presence in Text, Stage and Screen. Eds. Danielle Rosvally and Donovan Sherman. London: Arden, 2023. 145-169. https://www.bloomsburycollections.com/book/early-modern-liveness-mediating-presence-in-text-stage-and-screen/ch6-contemporary-turkish-shakespeares
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Elizabethan Audience Gaze at History Plays: Liminal Time and Space in Shakespeare’s Richard II.” Audience and Reception in the Early Modern Period. Eds. John R. Decker and Mitzi Kirkland-Ives. London: Routledge, 2022. 54-80. [https://doi.org/10.4324/9781003132141-3]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Of Pistols and Pikes: Weapons of War in Shakespeare’s Henry V.” ‘Work, work your thoughts’: Henry V Revisited. Eds. Sophie Chiari and Sophie Lemercier-Goddard. Clermont-Ferrand: Presses universitaires Blaise Pascal, 2021. 125-140. [https://www.lcdpu.fr/livre/?GCOI=27000100641960]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Masculine Dreams: Henry V and the Jacobean Politics of Court Performance.” Performances at Court in the Age of Shakespeare. Eds. Sophie Chiari and John Mucciolo. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2019. 79-91. [https://doi.org/10.1017/9781108761543.006]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Of Fathers and Sons: Inter-Generational and Intrafamilial Loyalties and Conflict in Shakespeare’s Elizabethan History Plays.” ‘Experienc’d Age knows what for Youth is fit’? Generational and Familial Conflict in British and Irish Drama and Theatre. Ed. Katarzyna Bronk-Bacon. Oxford: Peter Lang, 2019. 67-102. [https://doi.org/10.3726/b13069] [https://www.peterlang.com/view/9781788741644/xhtml/chapter03.xhtml]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Comedy and Fun: Is Shakespeare Funny?” English Studies: New Perspectives. Eds. Mehmet Ali Çelikel and Baysar Taniyan. Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2015. 220-246. [10.13140/RG.2.2.14387.25123]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “How to Handle with ‘Bliss’ in Chaucer’s Troilus and Criseyde in Turkey.” IDEA: Studies in English. Ed. Evrim Doğan Adanur. Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2011. 289-298. [https://www.researchgate.net/publication/344892085_How_to_Handle_with_%27Bliss%27_in_Chaucer%27s_Troilus_and_Criseyde_in_Turkey]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Old Wives’ Humour: George Peele’s The Old Wives Tale.” Batı Edebiyatında Mizah. Ed. Şeyda Sivrioğlu, Meryem Ayan, Nejdet Keleş, Gamze Yalçın. İstanbul: Kriter, 2016. 307-329. [https://www.researchgate.net/ publication/336687224_Old_Wives’_Humour_George_Peele’s_The_Old_Wives_Tale]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Shakespeare in Animation.” Shakespeare 450. Ed. A. Deniz Bozer. Ankara: Bizim Büro, 2014. 109-121. [http://www.ide.hacettepe.edu.tr/ekitap/Ogutcu.pdf]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Early Modern English Historiography: Providentialism versus New History.” [Sir Thomas More and Greene’s James IV]. Batı Edebiyatında Tarih: History in Western Literature. Ed. Zekiye Antakyalıoğlu. Ankara: UEM (Ürün Yayınları), 2014. 351-378. [https://www.researchgate.net/publication/336686894_ Early_Modern_English_Historiography_Providentialism_versus_New_History]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Chaucer ve Müphemiyet: Chaucer’in Şovalye Betimlemesinin Ardında Yatan İdeolojik Nedenler. [Chaucer and Ambiguity: The Ideological Reasons behind the Depiction of Chaucer’s Knight]” Batı Edebiyatında İdeoloji – Ideology in Western Literature. Eds. Ertuğrul İşler, et al. Denizli: Pamukkale Üniversitesi, 2012. 505-513. [https://www.researchgate.net/publication/336686981_Chaucer_ve_Muphe miyet_Chaucer’in_Sovalye_Betimlemesinin_Ardinda_Yatan_Ideolojik_Nedenler]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Northanger Abbey: An Embryonic Simulation of Neo-medievalism through Gothic Parody.” Proceedings of the 18th METU British Novelists Conference, December 16-17, 2010: Jane Austen and Her Work. Ankara: METU, 2011. 131-135. [https://www.researchgate.net/publication/336687079_Northanger_Abbey_An_Embryonic_Simulation_of_Neo-medievalism_through_Gothic_Parody]
Öğütcü, Murat. “Book Review of Global Milton and Visual Art.
” IDEAS 3.1 (2023): 71-73. [MLA
Öğütcü, Murat. “Mustafa Şahiner, Yüce Türk’ten Zalim Türk’e: Erken Modern Dönem İngiltere’sinde Türk Algısı
, Siyasal, 2016.” Journal of Anglo-Turkish Relations
2.1 (2021): 93-94. [ASOS Index]
Öğütcü, Murat. “Paul Edmondson-Stanley Wells, eds., The Shakespeare Circle: An Alternative Biography
, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2015.” Trakya University Faculty of Letters Journal
(2019): 296-298. [TR Index]
Book Chapter Translations
Öğütcü, Murat, çev. “Shakespeare’in Yazıları ve Dehası Hakkında Bir Deneme
Adlı Eserden.” On Sekizinci Yüzyıl İngiliz Kadın Yazarları.
Ed. A. Deniz Bozer. Ankara: Hacettepe Üniversitesi Yayınları, 2016. 222-230. [https://www.researchgate.net/publication/336687086_Elizabeth_Montagu_From_An_Essay_on_the_Writings_and_Genius_of_Shakespear_1769_Shakespeare’in_Yazilari_ve_Dehasi_Hakkinda_Bir_Deneme_Adli_Eserden
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Origins of Turkish Shakespeare Studies.” 1st UTAD Conference: Origins, Ankara, Turkey, 2023. [https://youtu.be/UtyTfSwn5OI?si=jFh_xg-7WlxJhhlc]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Türkiye’de Dijital Shakespeare.” Muğla Sıtkı Koçman University (Guest Speaker at Virtual Lecture) 2022. [Invited Paper] [https://youtu.be/MHd-2aYdt4Y]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Günümüz Türkiye’si Shakespeare Uyarlamalarından Örnekler: İkinci Katil, Kraliçe Lear ve Dream of Hamlet.” Theatre Drama Network (Guest Speaker at Virtual Lecture) 2022. [Invited Paper] [https://youtu.be/gdovEyNqbws]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “The Politics of Performing Gender in Turkish Shakespeares.” French Shakespeare Society Congress (Virtual Talk), Paris/France, 2022. [https://youtu.be/djF3qX36-ZE]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Shakespeare Dönemi İngiliz Tiyatrosu Sahne Uygulamaları.” OKÜ Talks (Virtual Talk), Osmaniye Korkut Ata University, Osmaniye/Turkey, 2022. [Invited Paper] [https://youtu.be/K8yHwlXI9po]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Dramatic Entertainments in the Early Modern Ottoman Empire.” (Guest Speaker at Virtual Lecture) University of Cologne, Germany, 2022. [Invited Paper]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Power and Metin Erksan’s Turkish Female Hamlet.” Women and Power Symposium (Virtual Talk), Shakespeare’s Globe, UK, 2021.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Remembering the Past in Robert Greene’s Friar Bacon and Friar Bungay.” Theatre and Drama Studies Conference: History and Memory (Virtual Talk), Theatre and Drama Network, 2021.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Selimus: Rönesans İngiliz Tiyatrosunda Yavuz Sultan Selim’in Sahnelenmesi.” Uluslararası Yavuz Sultan Selim ve Dönemi Sempozyumu, Türk Tarih Kurumu and Istanbul University, Istanbul/Turkey, 2021.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “An Unfinished (Ironic) Tale of Love: Marlowe’s Hero and Leander.” 14th International IDEA Conference (Virtual Talk), Karadeniz Technical University, Trabzon/Turkey, 2021.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Home and Soldiers in Shakespeare’s Henry V.” VII. BAKEA Symposium (Virtual Talk), Denizli/Turkey, 2015.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Milton (Regained) in Turkey: Halide Edip Adıvar’s Pedagogical Intersemiotic Translations of Milton in the Turkish Higher Education.” British Milton Seminar 63, UK, 2021.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “The Three Ladies of London (ca. 1581):
A Re-Examination of the Anxieties of Anglo-Ottoman Exchanges
through Critical Race Theory.” Colonialism, Crusading, Commerce and Christ: Medieval and Early Modern Orients and Renaissance Society Panel. (Virtual Panel Talk), UK, 2021. [Invited Paper] [https://www.crowdcast.io/e/dmteezdu]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “‘Turkish Shakespeares’: A Short History of Shakespeare in Turkey up to the Present.” (Guest Speaker at Virtual Lecture) Hacettepe University, 2021. [Invited Paper]. [https://youtu.be/brS3XM0BC8s]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “İkinci Katil [The Second Murderer]: A Turkish Adaptation of Shakespeare’s Scottish Play, Macbeth.” All the World’s a Stage: Theatre, Staging and Adaptation of the Early Modern (Virtual Conference Paper), University of Liverpool, UK, 2021.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “The ‘Whose-Story’ of Cromwell and Anglo-Ottoman Relations.” Who Speaks For History? Medieval and Early Modern Orients and Renaissance Society Panel (Virtual Panel Talk), UK, 2020. [Invited Paper] [https://www.crowdcast.io/e/efnp4cbp]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Literature and Satire: An Overview of Satire in English Literature.” Seminarios Abertos Letras, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria (Virtual Seminar Talk), Brazil, 2020. [Invited Paper] [https://youtu.be/1MSQruyatPo?t=121]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Against ‘other’s feet’: Reassessing Nationalism in Sidney and Spenser.” 13th International IDEA Conference, Gaziantep University, Gaziantep/Turkey, 2019.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Shakespeare ve Aşk.” [Shakespeare and Love.] Munzur University English Language and Literature Club Talks, Tunceli/Turkey, 2019. [Invited Paper]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Drayton’s Poly-Olbion and Environmental Injustice in Shakespeare’s Warwick.” International Conference on Environmental Humanities in the Anthropocene Age, Cappadocia University, Ürgüp, Nevşehir/Turkey, 2019.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Friendship in Shakespeare’s Tragedies.” 12th International IDEA Conference, Akdeniz University, Antalya/Turkey, 2018.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “‘I am [an animated] villain!’: Re-creating Richard III in Animation.” 24th International Medieval Congress, University of Leeds, Leeds/UK, 2017.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Jonson’s Masque of Blackness: Materialising Environmental Injustice.” 12th Biennial ASLE Conference, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan/USA, 2017.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Tuning As You Like It: Circular and Vertical Relationships in the Pastoral Debate Conveyed through Music.” 11th International IDEA Conference, Çankaya University, Ankara/Turkey, 2017.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Of Fathers and Sons: Intergenerational Loyalties and Conflict in Shakespeare’s Elizabethan History Plays.” Shakespearean Communities, University of Portsmouth, Portsmouth/UK, 2016.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Old Wives’ Humour: George Peele’s Old Wiues Tale.” IV. BAKEA Symposium, Denizli/Turkey, 2015.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Elizabethan Auto-Orientalism: Mamluks and Turks in Salterne’s Tomumbeius (1590).” 50th Anniversary Conference: British and Turkish Literary and Cultural Interactions, Hacettepe University, Ankara/Turkey, 2015.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “The Elizabethan Garden: 2HVI and the Garden of [E]den.”
Ege University 15th International Cultural Studies Symposium, Ege University, İzmir/Turkey, 2015.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Of Friends and Factions: Shakespeare’s History Plays.” The Halved Heart: Shakespeare and Friendship Conference, Shakespeare’s Globe Education, London/UK, 2015.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Julius Caesar: Tyrannicide made unpopular.” 9th International IDEA Conference, İnönü University, Malatya/Turkey, 2015.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Elizabethan Audience Gaze at History Plays: Liminal Time and Space in Shakespeare’s Richard II.” Liminal Time and Space in Medieval and Early Modern Performance, University of Kent, Canterbury/UK, 2014.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Public Execution and Justice on/off the Elizabethan Stage.” 6th Biennial British Shakespeare Association Conference, University of Stirling, Stirling/UK, 2014.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Shakespeare in Animation.” ShakesYear 450 Conference, Hacettepe University, Ankara/Turkey, 2014. [Invited Paper] [Part I: https://t.co/x0VHVMYHdK?amp=1 ; Part II: https://t.co/kMzoYXDuod?amp=1]
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Early Modern English Historiography: Providentialism versus New History.” III. BAKEA Symposium, Gaziantep/Turkey, 2013.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Comedy and Fun: Is Shakespeare Funny?” 7th International IDEA Conference, Pamukkale University, Denizli/Turkey, 2013.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Chaucer ve Müphemiyet: Chaucer’in Şovalye Betimlemesinin Ardında Yatan İdeolojik Nedenler.” II. BAKEA Symposium, Denizli/Turkey, 2011.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Wells’ Time Machine: Violence Continues.” Re-thinking the Monstrous: Violence and Criminality in Society, Munich/Germany, 2011.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “A Tale of Two Nations: Scotland and England: Chaucer, Henryson, Shakespeare, Troilus and Criseyde.” Natio Scota 13th International Conference on Medieval and Renaissance Scottish Language and Literature, Padua/Italy, 2011.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “The ‘Gothic’ in Hamlet.” 6th International IDEA Conference, İstanbul Kültür University, İstanbul/Turkey, 2011.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “Northanger Abbey: An Embryonic Simulation of Neo-medievalism through Gothic Parody.” METU 18th British Novelists Conference Jane Austen and Her Work, METU, Ankara/Turkey 2010.
- Öğütcü, Murat. “How to Handle with ‘Bliss’ in Chaucer’s Troilus and Criseyde in Turkey.” 5th International IDEA Conference, Atılım University, Ankara/Turkey, 2010.
MembershipsİDEA : The English Language and Literature Association of Turkey [İngiliz Dili ve Edebiyatı Araştırmaları Derneği], Member, 2014-…
İDEA : The English Language and Literature Association of Turkey [İngiliz Dili ve Edebiyatı Araştırmaları Derneği], Secretarial Assistant, September 2014-2019.
ESSE : The European Society for the Study of English, Member, 2014-…
SAA : Shakespeare Association of America, Member, 2014-2016.
BSA : British Shakespeare Association, Member, 2014-2016.
ISA : International Shakespeare Association, Member, 2014-2016.
ASLE : Association for the Study of Literature and Environment, Member, 2017-2019.
MLA : Modern Language Association, Member, 2017-2019.