· PhD. Rhodes University South Africa. Thesis title, “Discourse and the oppression of nonhuman animals; a critical realist account.”
· MEd. (By research) University of Malawi. Thesis title, “The relevance of the MSCE General Science syllabus to the lives of young Malawians.” University of Malawi 1993
· BSc (Hons) Biochemistry. University of Manchester
· Higher Education Diploma. University of South Africa
· Certificate in Tropical Community Medicine and Health. Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine and Community Health, University of Liverpool
· Books and other publications
2019 Book Reading the animal text in the landscape of the damned
· 2018 Member of working group report. The Ethical Case Against Animal Experiments. University of Illinois Press
· 2018 Book Co-editor Animals, Race and Multiculturalism – Contemporary Moral and Political Debates. Palgrave Macmillan
· 2018 Book. Chapter, The Palgrave Handbook of Practical Animal Ethics. Palgrave Macmillan
· 2015 Report. Normalising the Unthinkable; The ethics of using animals in research – contributing author. Oxford Centre for Animal Ethics, Ed. Linzey, A., Linzey C.
· 2014 Book. Section, Animal protection in Africa in Global Guide to Animal Protection. University of Illinois Press
· 2014 Book. Chapter, co-author Critical Animal Studies as an interdisciplinary field in Defining Critical Animal Studies: An Introduction to an Intersectional Social Justice Approach to Animal Liberation. Peter Lang Pub
· 2011 Book. Ed. Pauline and Les Mitchell. Living by voices we shall never hear; Seeing animals differently. NISC publishers
· 2014 Review of Animal oppression and human violence in Journal of Animal Ethics.
· 2014 Review of Power, Knowledge, Animals in Journal of Animal Ethics.
· 2013 Animal machines down on the farm. Southern African Linguistics and Applied Studies Journal 31(3), 299–309
· 2012 Nonhumans and the ideology of purpose. Anthrozoos 25 (4), 491-502
· 2011 Moral disengagement and support for nonhuman farming. Society and Animals 19 (1), 38-58
· 2011 Review of Prisoned chickens, poisoned eggs; An inside look at the modern poultry industry in Journal of Animal Ethics 1 (1), 104-105
· 2006 Animals and the discourse of farming in Southern Africa. Society and Animals 14 (1), 38-59