AboutI am a Ph.D. student of Near Eastern Languages & Cultures at the University of Caliofornia, Los Angeles. My research pertains to medieval literature and intellectual history, with a particular focus on asceticism, mysticism, and education.
Education2015 – present || The University of California, Los Angeles || Near Eastern Languages and Cultures || Ph.D. Student
2013 – 2015 || The University of Notre Dame || Early Christian Studies || M.A.
2011 – 2013 || Wheaton College (Illinois) || Historical Theology || M.A.
2009 – 2011 || The University of California, Los Angeles || Linguistics || B.A. summa cum laude
Work Shared in CORE
Other PublicationsInvited Book Contributions
- “Psalms” in Discovering the Septuagint: A Guided Reader, Karen H. Jobes, Grand Rapids: Kregel Academic, 2016, pp. 175-197, 200-203. http://www.kregel.com/reference/discovering-the-septuagint/
- “‘Let us Mourn Continuously:’ John Chrysostom and the Early Christian Transformation of Mourning,” in Emotions in Patristic Literature: New Perspectives and Future Prospects, ed. Ioannis Papadogiannakis, Studia Patristica, Leuven: Peeters (forthcoming 2017).
- “Armenian Manuscripts at the Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana,” forthcoming in Manuscripta 62.1 (2018).
- “Naming and Summoning Divinities according to Origen and Celsus,” forthcoming in JTAK (2018).
- “Gišeroy kc’urdk’ (Hymns of the Night): Seven Madrāše of Ephrem the Syrian Preserved in Armenian,” forthcoming in Hugoye 21.2 (2018).
- Review of The Voynich Manuscript, ed. Raymond Clemens (New Haven, CT: Yale University Press 2016) in Comitatus: A Journal of Medieval and Renaissance Studies 48 (2017): 283-7 https://muse.jhu.edu/article/669710
- Review of Evagrius and His Legacy, ed. Joel Kalvesmaki and Robin Darling Young, (Notre Dame, IN: University of Notre Dame Press 2016) in Comitatus: A Journal of Medieval and Renaissance Studies 48 (2017): 205-8 https://muse.jhu.edu/article/669715
- Review of Michael Psellos on Literature and Art: A Byzantine Perspective on Aesthetics, ed. Charles Barber and Stratis Papaioannou (Notre Dame, Indiana: University of Notre Dame Press 2017) in Comitatus: A Journal of Medieval and Renaissance Studies 49 (2018)