Job announcements in the field and in related areas are posted in this group. Members are encouraged to post job announcements.
University of Pittsburgh: Director of the Russian Language Program
- 28 November 2018 at 2:55 pm #1522
The Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures at the University of Pittsburgh invites applications for the position of Director of the Russian Language Program, pending budgetary approval. This appointment will be made at the rank of Lecturer; the initial appointment is for one year, followed by a three-year renewable term. Duties include:
* Overseeing and assessing the integrity, coherence, and effectiveness of the department’s Russian language sequence.
* Mentoring (including orientation and training) and evaluation of instructors in the Russian language program.
*Assessment of student outcomes on a regular basis to comply with external and internal reporting requirements.
* Teaching assignments will include primarily Russian language, literature, and culture at the undergraduate level, with others as needed. Non-teaching duties include oversight of the Undergraduate Russian Club and other cultural and outreach activities, Russian placement and proficiency testing, and program assessment.
* Scholarly publication and active participation in national professional associations is encouraged, but is not a prerequisite for appointment or renewal.
A Ph.D. in Slavic or a related field (preferably with a specialization in Russian second-language acquisition) is required by the appointment start date, as are native or ACTFL superior proficiency in Russian and English and teaching experience at the university level (preferably at an Anglophone institution). Preference will be shown to applicants who have completed ACTFL OPI certification, and secondarily to those whose certification is in progress; all candidates must confirm their commitment to obtain certification. The ability to teach a second Slavic language is desirable, but is not a prerequisite for appointment.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. The appointment begins with the fall term of 2019, with an anticipated start date of August 26, 2019.
Candidates should submit, via https://apply.interfolio.com/58077, a letter of application, CV, teaching portfolio, and the names and contact information for three persons able to provide confidential professional letters of recommendation (we do not need the letters themselves at this time, but we do need the names of the recommenders). Please also provide a brief description of how your teaching and service demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion. Questions may be directed to Ms. Monika Losagio, Administrative Officer (412-624-5221, email@example.com). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and diversity. EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Only members can participate in this group's discussions.