Job announcements in the field and in related areas are posted in this group. Members are encouraged to post job announcements.
HURI hiring Program Director for Temerty Contemporary Ukraine Program
- 6 September 2018 at 11:32 am #1412
On behalf of HURI, the Faculty of Arts and Sciences at Harvard University is currently accepting applications for the full-time position of Program Director for the Temerty Contemporary Ukraine Program. This is a unique opportunity for a talented, ambitious social scientist to shape the future of academic research on contemporary Ukraine.
Applications from interested individuals must be posted to the Harvard Job Search site: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25240&siteid=5341#jobDetails=1405260_5341. Please note that only those applicants who meet all eligibility requirements (including authorization to work in the USA without employer sponsorship) will be considered.
The holder of this position is charged with developing and managing a new program on contemporary Ukraine. The goal of the program is to support research on Ukraine’s contemporary foreign policy, domestic government and politics, and sociological and cultural trends of significance, and to serve as a platform for the exchange of ideas about Ukraine between the academic and policy communities.
The program director works with the faculty director and executive director to set a strategy and lead day-to-day management and implementation of the program. The program will encompass research, publications, seminars, and conferences. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct all program activities and operations.
- Plan and organize an annual international conference that would bring together leading academics and government experts to discuss contemporary issues such as such as parliamentary elections, demography, economics, security, foreign policy, and relevant societal and cultural trends.
- Chair relevant presentations by visiting scholars as part of the Seminars in Ukrainian Studies series.
- When necessary, secure supplemental sponsored grant funding to support program activities; responsibilities will include researching potential grant sources and preparing all elements of grant applications such as drafting the proposal, preparing the budget, and compiling other proposal components.
- Exercise independent discretion to set a research agenda on important issues existing in Ukraine today.
- Perform primary research.
- Build and maintain a network of scholars working on contemporary issues in Ukraine.
- Act a point person for media and public inquiries on contemporary Ukrainian issues.
- Write articles for public consumption on relevant contemporary Ukrainian issues.
- Successfully publish peer-reviewed articles in leading academic journals.
- Participate as a presenter or moderator at academic conferences, symposia, seminars, etc., both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Act as a resource and advisor to Harvard students working on contemporary Ukrainian foreign and domestic policy issues.
- Maintain strong stewardship with program donor.
- Integrate the Temerty Contemporary Ukraine Program with HURI programs and administration.
- Supervise administrative assistance provided to the program.
- PhD in social sciences plus two years’ relevant research and program management experience; 2. Working knowledge of Ukrainian; 3. Successful publication of peer-reviewed materials demonstrating success in conducting original social sciences research in the Ukrainian Studies field with a focus on politics, economics, or contemporary history.
- English language fluency, both written and verbal; 2. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with faculty, staff, students, and research partners; 3. Experience managing financial resources desirable.
Access the online job posting and application: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25240&siteid=5341#jobDetails=1405260_5341
Ukrainian Research Institute, Harvard University (HURI): https://www.huri.harvard.edu/
Only members can participate in this group's discussions.