Job announcements in the field and in related areas are posted in this group. Members are encouraged to post job announcements.
European Union Center (EUC) Director
- 29 April 2019 at 2:08 pm #1659
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
European Union Center
European Union Center
The European Union Center at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign promotes innovative research and teaching to better understand global issues confronting the world’s populations and identify ways to cope with and resolve these challenges.
The Director’s primary responsibilities are to coordinate a campus-wide, interdisciplinary program of research, teaching and public service concerning European integration and its implication for the United States. The director reports to the Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences through the Executive Director of the Illinois Global Institute and is advised by an all-campus advisory board comprised of faculty members from various UIUC colleges. This position will be an initial four-year term renewable each year upon successful evaluation and mutual agreement. The position includes an administrative stipend, ½ month summer salary, and partial teaching release for the length of the appointment. Start date is August 16, 2019.
Duties and Requirements
- Provide intellectual leadership and vision for the Center, serve as its primary spokesperson, and pursue resources for program development.
- Provide leadership to strengthen the undergraduate, graduate and professional curricula about the European Union (EU) and Europe across all colleges at the University of Illinois, including a Master’s degree in European Union Studies and a five-year BA/MA program.
- Serve as Principal Investigator for the Title VI National Resource Center in European Union Studies grant and the European Union Center of Excellence grant.
- Provide leadership for generating additional program funding for activities in the Center and for faculty projects that support the Center mission.
- Develop and strengthen relations with other units on campus.
- Develop and strengthen relations with other European Union Centers in the United States and opportunities for Illinois students and faculty in Europe.
- Promote community awareness of the European Union, Europe, and the challenges confronting the European people, as well as how these challenges might involve the United States.
- Serve as the academic liaison between funding agencies and the campus on matters related to European Union studies.
- Supervise European Union Center staff.
PhD or equivalent doctoral-level degree
Current tenured appointment at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Research expertise in one or more areas relevant to Europe
Substantial international experience
Working knowledge of two or more European languages, one of which is English
Demonstrated experience working with faculty in an interdisciplinary setting
Demonstrated or promise of leadership and administrative ability
Demonstrated success in securing external funding
Vision for the strategic development of the Center
Research expertise in one or more areas relevant to the European Union
Application Process and Deadline
For consideration, please send application materials to email@example.com. Be sure to include a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references. Applications received by May 3, 2019 will be given full consideration. Applicants are encouraged to specifically relate their backgrounds and experience to the requirements of the position as outlined above.
For information about the European Union Center, visit http://www.europe.illinois.edu/
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Illinois welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).
Only members can participate in this group's discussions.