Job announcements in the field and in related areas are posted in this group. Members are encouraged to post job announcements.
Dept of Economics of Leiden University hiring Assistant Prof of Economics
- 1 August 2018 at 12:47 pm #1374
The Department of Economics of Leiden University has a vacancy for an Assistant Professor of Economics.
The position comprises the following tasks:
- Teaching in the programme of the Department of Economics (as well as coordinating teaching);
- Research in a field that is relevant for the department;
- Management tasks within the department or faculty.
- A PhD in economics or another discipline that is relevant for the teaching and research profile of the department;
- Experience and affinity with teaching and coordinating courses;
- Excellent teaching qualities, demonstrated for example by teaching evaluations;
- Excellent research qualities which are relevant for the research profile of the department, demonstrated for example by (international) publications. Ideally, the research of the candidate is related to our research programme on social policy. Research agendas which are connected to other research programmes of Leiden Law School could be possible as well.
- Knowledge of the Dutch language is considered an advantage. If the successful applicant is not fluent in Dutch, he or she will be expected to learn Dutch within a period of approximately two years;
- You are a team player.
In the broad field of applied economics, the activities of the Department of Economics are concentrated on socio-economic policy, law and economics and the economics of taxation. The department provides courses for a number of study programmes, such as law, public administration, liberal arts and political science. Moreover, the department participates in a dual bachelor’s programme (Economics, Governance and Management) and a dual master’s programme (Economics and Governance), both hosted in The Hague.
Terms & conditions
- We offer a position for 38 hours per week. This concerns a position for two years, which may be converted into a permanent position.
- Salary range from €49,488 to €76,961 per year for a full-time position (scale 11 or 12, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities; amounts include holiday (8%) and end- of-year bonuses (8.3 %)). Salary scale depends on education and experience.
- Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with training and career development. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break.
- For more information on the terms and conditions of employment, click here.
- Leiden University requires teaching staff to obtain the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ). If the successful applicant does not already possess this qualification or its equivalent, he/she must be willing to obtain this Qualification within two years.
Please consult the full vacancy text for further information on Leiden University, the Department, and how to apply: link
Only applications received before 31 August 2018 will be considered.
Only members can participate in this group's discussions.