Job announcements in the field and in related areas are posted in this group. Members are encouraged to post job announcements.
CWU Russian Lecturer
- 23 May 2019 at 9:29 am #1667
The Department of World Languages and Cultures at Central Washington University is hiring a full-time Russian lecturer to teach Russian language courses at all levels during 2019-2020 academic year. The position is subject to enrollments and has potential for renewal.
Applicants should apply through CWU lecturer pool. The review will begin immediately until the position is filled before July 1, 2019.
Follow the instructions below to apply:
- Select the link below to access CWU careers site.
- Sign In to access your account or if you are NOT an existing user select the New User link to create one: https://careers.cwu.edu/psc/careers/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?FOCUS=Applicant&&siteid=1
- Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your application. https://careers.cwu.edu/psp/careers/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL
- In addition, please email Volha Isakava to express interest in the position, so we know to look for you in our pool. Any other inquiries or questions should be directed to Volha as well: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Native or near-native proficiency in Russian and English.
• MA in Russian Studies or closely related field.
• Experience teaching Russian language at a North American higher education institution.
• PhD or ABD in Russian Studies or related field.
• Experience teaching Russian language at all levels.
• Ability to teach General Education humanities courses and Russian cultural history courses.
• Ability to teach another language offered in our department (ASL, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish).
• The ideal candidate will be able to teach all three levels of language courses as well as culture courses that are part of the department’s General Education offerings.
Central Washington University is a regional comprehensive public university located in Ellensburg, Washington. Found in a picturesque Kittitas valley in the geographical centre of the state, CWU is home to 10 000 students in a small college town setting. CWU is only an hour and a half away from downtown Seattle, and a short driving distance to a variety of spectacular national parks in Washington state (Cascade Mountains and Snoqualmie Pass, Columbia River, Mount Rainier and Mount Stewart national park and others).
CWU is an Affirmative Action, and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated again on the basis of disability. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation during the employment selection process, please contact Stephen Sarchet, HR Partner, Stephen.Sarchet@cwu.edu, 509-963-1286.
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.
The conditions of employment with Central Washington University are set forth in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Central Washington University and United Faculty of Central, University policies and procedures, and applicable state and federal laws.The Collective Bargaining Agreement may be found here: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/ufc.
Only members can participate in this group's discussions.