Academic Studies Press is seeking candidates for the position of Acquisitions Editor or Acquisitions Editor Associate. The Acquisitions Editor or Acquisitions Editor Associate will be responsible for acquiring scholarly and academic titles in Slavic and Eurasian Studies.
Candidates should have a PhD in Slavic or Eurasian Studies or a related field. Preference will be given to a candidate with editorial experience and a record of acquisitions, extensive contacts with a wide array of potential authors, and fluency in the critical literature of and the newest developments in these fields. Experience in securing funding for books requiring subsidies is desirable. The successful candidate for this position will work with the Director of the Press to design a focused publishing program, taking into consideration the best opportunities in these fields, as well as the candidate’s interests, professional training, and publishing experience.
The Acquisitions Editor or Acquisition Editor Associate will carry out the following responsibilities:
– Solicit and evaluate book proposals and manuscripts in the above stated areas
– Solicit, evaluate, and process reports from peer reviewers
– Present proposed books to the Director of Press
– Negotiate contracts
– Prepare accurate budgets for books acquired
– Identify and secure funding for books requiring subsidies
– Maintain accurate and timely schedules for transmittal of manuscripts to production
– Actively participate in sales and marketing plans for promoting publications