This is a public group to share information on fellowship and grant opportunities.
Postdoc: Transnational Postsocialist Media Networks
- 16 August 2018 at 4:09 pm #1387
Program description: We invite applications for a postdoctoral fellow of film and media whose research focuses on the relationship – either in comparative or transnational terms – between the former Communist bloc and the Global South. The postdoctoral fellow will be expected to enter into dialogue with the research projects already underway in the department of Cinema under the auspices of the Global Emergent Media Lab and the CURC in Transnational Media Arts and Cultures with the goal of interrogating the shifting theoretical questions about the Cold War, colonialism and their legacies and developing a shared conceptual model for describing and assessing these geopolitical flows either from a historical or contemporary perspective. We invite applications from both scholars and artists engaged in critical practice, with the demonstrated expertise in critical training relevant to the topic.
Academic qualifications required: PhD in cinema and media studies, or related fields, and experience conducting research in postsocialist or Global South contexts. An ideal candidate will also incorporate media practice in their work (documentary, sonic ethnography, archiving, database, web projects, etc.)
- Applicants must not currently hold a postdoctoral appointment at Concordia
- Priority will be given to postdoctoral fellows who have obtained their PhD from another university although in exceptional cases Concordia graduates may be considered
- Applicants must adhere to the postdoctoral fellow eligibility criteria outlined in Concordia University’s Postdoctoral Policy
Timeline and application process:
Application deadline: open until the position is filled but no later than September 1, 2018
Fellowship start date: no later than January 1, 2019
Submission process: all documents must be submitted to Courtney MacDonald
Please include the reference number with your application
Application checklist: One to three (1-3) page research statement demonstrating fit with the program described above.
- Current curriculum vitae demonstrating research excellence and a capacity for leadership in the domain (maximum 5 pages).
- Two letters of reference from academic supervisors or current employers to be sent via e-mail directly to Courtney MacDonald
The prestigious Horizon Postdoctoral Fellowships are valued at $47,500 per year plus benefits and full access to Concordia’s services, including GradProSkills.
- This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Mary Arnstein.
Only members can participate in this group's discussions.