This is a public group to share information on fellowship and grant opportunities.
Post-doc position in linguistics, at HSE
- 3 January 2019 at 3:01 pm #1560
The Higher School of Economics Laboratory for Corpus and Interdisciplinary Technologies in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of general linguistics and all subfields, notably in Slavic languages, computational linguistics, language acquisition, language teaching, semantics and lexicography, typology, sociolinguistics.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Ekaterina Rakhilina.
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on Laboratory for Corpus and Interdisciplinary Technologies research projects in the areas of corpus building and annotation, language of heritage speakers, lexical typology, semantics, lexicography, computational linguistics, and other linguistic subfields;
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Lab;
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Lab’s development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The Lab offers access to its databases and electronic resources.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: linguistics; Slavic languages; computer science,
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English
- relevant experience is an asset although not required
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to email@example.com by February 15, 2019. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information about HSE, please visit our web pages: Higher School of Economics, School of Linguistics. You can also contact Ekaterina Rakhilina at firstname.lastname@example.org or Valentina Apresyan at email@example.com.
Only members can participate in this group's discussions.