This public group is for all ASEEES members. ASEEES will post general announcements and more.
Student Awards: Student Paper Travel-Field Work Award
- 24 January 2019 at 10:12 am #1574
Eurasian-AAG Specialty Group
(Two Awards: Deadline March 31, 2019)
*Student Paper Award, $150
*Travel-Field Work $250
Opportunities for 2019
* Student Paper Award
We invite submissions from all students who will have formally presented their work between May 2018 and April 2019, or who intend to present their work at the AAG, Washington, DC, April 2019.
An award of $150 will be made to the best undergraduate or graduate student paper submitted to the Eurasian SG Student Paper Award Committee (c/o Jeremy Tasch,JTasch@towson.edu). Deadline: March 31, 2018.
Student Paper Award Guidelines:
1. The competition is open to all student members of the AAG (in rare cases the Committee may consider non-members)
2. Papers will be judged on their overall quality, creativity, and contribution to furthering the geographical understanding of Eurasia, broadly conceptualized. We particularly encourage work that is 1) regionally well informed and 2) demonstrates familiarity with the appropriate scholarly literature.
3. Papers should be single-authored, double-spaced, 12-point font, and no more than 20 pages in length (i.e., 3,000 to 8,000 words), excluding references, tables, maps and figures, and a required abstract.
4. In the electronic submission, authors should indicate their name, institution, and level of study (BA, MA, PhD), as well as when / which conference the paper was / will be presented.
5. To be considered for this award, electronic submissions are due March 31 (c/o JTasch@towson.edu).
Please direct any questions you may have about the Student Paper Competition also to Jeremy Tasch, JTasch@towson.edu). To help reach as many students as possible, we hope faculty colleagues will encourage their undergraduate and graduate students at all levels of their studies to join the competition. All student members who submit a paper will automatically become a member of the Eurasian SG.
* Travel-Field Work Award
The Eurasian-SG Field Research Travel Award supports student field research or research-related language and/or area studies. The amount for this year’s award is $250.00.
Interested graduate or undergraduate students should submit a research proposal by March 31 to the Awards Committee (c/o JTasch@towson.edu).
Guidelines for the Field Research Travel Award:
1. The competition is open to all student members of the AAG (in rare cases the Committee may consider non-members).
2. We encourage proposals for exploratory and pre-dissertation field research. Proposals that combine research and area studies—for example, courses taken in the study region— are considered on a case-by-case basis. Proposals should clearly indicate research questions or research themes, significance and goals of the proposed travel, and a brief budget narrative that describes how the monetary award will be used. Proposals should be approximately 5-10 pages in length and 12 point
3. Please note that dissertation-related proposals should clearly include research questions, a brief literature review, methodology, significance and goals of the proposed work (and again, a brief budget narrative should describe how the monetary award will contribute to completion of the dissertation).
4. If a student has already incurred expenses listed in the budget by the time of the award announcement, the student may use the award to cover those expenses.
5. To be considered for this award, electronic submissions are due March 31 (c/o JTasch@towson.edu). Please also direct any questions you may have about the competition to Jeremy Tasch (JTasch@towson.edu).
Results of the award competitions will be announced at the annual specialty group business meeting at the AAG, electronically, and by email to the awardees. Awards will be formally made at the EURASIA-SG business meeting.
The EURASIA Awards Committee maintains the right to annul this year’s competition should submissions not meet award guidelines or the Committee receives too few submissions to warrant a competition.
- This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by ASEEES Admin.
Only members can participate in this group's discussions.