This public group is for all ASEEES members. ASEEES will post general announcements and more.
CfS: The Wacław Lednicki Award in the Humanities
- 23 August 2018 at 2:49 pm #1404
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS: The Wacław Lednicki Award in the Humanities
Polish Institute of Arts and Sciences in America (PIASA)
Deadline: November 1, 2018
Named after the first director of the Literature and Arts Section of the Polish Institute of Arts and Sciences in America, the Wacław Lednicki Award recognizes the most outstanding book or creative work published, produced or presented in any of the fields encompassed within the Humanities as defined by the National Endowment for the Humanities, to include fine arts, history, languages, literature, philosophy, religion, etc. However, since Polish history has its own PIASA award, works in this field are ineligible.
- If the nomination is based on a book, film, play or literary translation, it must be written or rendered in the English language.
- The author or creator must be residing and working in North America.
- The book or cultural product must have been published or appeared during the period 2016-2018.
- Both books containing original research or new, original syntheses are eligible for consideration; edited collections are ineligible.
Nominations, including self-nominations, should include:
- A letter of justification why the particular candidate is deserving of the award;
- A curriculum vitae of the nominee that includes a bibliography of significant publications and/or list of the nominee’s artistic accomplishments;
- Any additionally relevant materials such as book reviews and letters of support.
Nominations are made by submitting the requested materials to Professor Rachel Brenner at email@example.com by November 1, 2018.
The recipient of the Wacław Lednicki Award in the Humanities will be recognized during the 77th Annual Meeting of PIASA in Gdańsk, Poland, June 14-16, 2019.
- This topic was modified 5 months ago by Mary Arnstein.
Only members can participate in this group's discussions.