This public group is for all ASEEES members. ASEEES will post general announcements and more.
CfS: The Bronisław Malinowski Award in the Social Sciences
- 23 August 2018 at 2:46 pm #1402
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS: The Bronisław Malinowski Award in the Social Sciences
Polish Institute of Arts and Sciences of America
Deadline: November 1, 2018
Named for an eminent social scientist and founding member and first president of the Polish Institute of Arts and Sciences in America, the Bronisław Malinowski Award recognizes a scholar in one of the fields of the social sciences who has written a book or seminal publication of particular value and significance dealing with an aspect of the Polish experience. In past instances, the Malinowski Award has also recognized a scholar’s outstanding body of published work. The book, outstanding publication or body of work should represent exemplary scholarly research published in the fields encompassed by the social sciences, including anthropology, economics, political science, and sociology, according to standards recognized by those fields.
- The book, publication, or body of work must be written in the English language.
- The author must be a scholar living and working in North America.
- The book or publication must have appeared during the period 2015-2017. If the nomination is based on a body of work, it must include a significant publication within the last five calendar years.
- Publications containing original research or new, original syntheses are eligible for consideration; edited collections are ineligible.
Nominations, including self-nominations, should include:
- A letter of justification why the particular candidate is deserving of the award;
- A curriculum vitae of the nominee that includes a bibliography of significant publications and a list of accomplishments;
- Any additionally relevant materials such as book reviews, citation indices, and letters of support
Nominations are made by submitting the requested materials to Dr. Robert Blobaum at email@example.com by November 1, 2018.
The recipient of the Bronisław Malinowski Award in the Social Sciences will be recognized during the 77th Annual Meeting of PIASA in Gdańsk, Poland, June 14-16, 2019.
- This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Mary Arnstein.
Only members can participate in this group's discussions.