MLA 2016: The Lore and Lure of the Academic Job Market
- Carrie Johnston (see profile)
- HEP Part-Time and Contingent Faculty Issues, HEP Teaching as a Profession
- Career development
- Item Type:
- the profession, graduate studies, graduate advising, Professional development, Scholarly communication
- Permanent URL:
- "The Lore and Lure of the Academic Job Market" is an MLA 2016 special session in which panelists consider how discipline-specific “lore” continually lures graduate students and contingent and full-time faculty members into an already overcrowded job market. Instead of providing advice about getting a job, participants evaluate that advice and generate discussion about how it upholds common practices in graduate programs and academic departments.
- Please consider attending this panel on Saturday, January 9, from noon to 1:15 pm in the JW Marriott, 401.
- All Rights Reserved
- Share this:
Item Name: lore-and-lure-mla-2016.docx Download Activity: Downloads: 104