Three Faces of God and Other Poems
- John Lawrence Nazareth (see profile)
- Poetry, Spirituality, Religion, God, Love, Imagination, Philosophy
- Item Type:
- Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva, Trimurti, Diatribes, Images, Imitations, fragments, perennial philosophy
- Permanent URL:
- This is a collection of twenty-one poems on a variety of topics, ranging from the spiritual to the everyday. The booklet takes its title, "Three Faces of God and Other Poems," from the symbolic conception of the Godhead known as the Trimurti---Brahma the Creator, Vishnu the Preserver, and Shiva the Destroyer---and they, in turn, lend their names to the titles of the three leading poems of the collection. Other poems follow and are grouped under the headings "Images," "Diatribes," "Fragments," "Imitations," and "Epilogue on Love." And for a more detailed discussion of the doctrine known as the "perennial philosophy" that underlies the three main poems of the collection, see "Thou Art That and Other Essays: Reflections of an Algorithmic Scientist on an Era Between Gods," which is freely available here on Humanities Commons and also from the International Society for Philosophers (ISFP) Books website.
- This collection of poems was first printed in book form by Apollo Printing, Berkeley, California in 1986 and many years later was converted to PDF format.
- Last Updated:
- 8 months ago
- All Rights Reserved
- Share this:
Item Name: three-faces-of-god_pdfversion.pdf Download View in browser Activity: Downloads: 44