Letter diary of Jan Ingen Housz 1774-1793
- Mieke Rijkers (see profile)
- Enlightenment, Letters, Databases, Science
- Item Type:
- Data set
- 18th Century, enlightenment, historical databases
- Permanent URL:
- This dataset contains dates, places and receivers of the correspondence of the Dutch doctor and natural philosopher Jan Ingen Housz (1730-1799). He was a Dutch doctor who became a successful inoculator against small pox and the personal physician of the Austrian empress Maria Theresia. He was also very interested in the new sciences (natural philosophy) and discovered photosynthesis. He corresponded with several great names of the Enlightenment. The data set is based on the letter diary he kept during the years 1774-1793. The data of 532 letters have been enriched with biographical information from various (online) sources.
- This dataset was originally composed in the Dutch language. To be able to share the data internationally the set was translated in English except for the comments.
- Last Updated:
- 9 months ago
- All Rights Reserved
- Share this:
Item Name: letter-diary-ingen-housz-1774-1793.palladio.1.2.9-3.json_.txt Download View in browser Activity: Downloads: 39