Abstract Illusionism: An Artist and a Lemming Walk into a Bar…
- June Julian (see profile)
- Art Education
- Abstraction, Aesthetics, Painting, Arts, Art criticism, Art, Modern, Twenty-first century, Art, History
- Item Type:
- Abstract Illusionism, June Julian, Fine arts, Contemporary art, Art history
- Permanent URL:
- Perhaps the time is right to retrieve Abstract Illusionism from the dimming corners of recent art history and to see what it has to say about aesthetic tropes and mass persuasions. Artists, like politicians, can manipulate us to accept any illusion. They ask us to suspend disbelief and to blindly follow. We can play the artist or the lemming at the bar, but ultimately, we know that painted brushstrokes don’t fly, that the world is not flat, that climate change is real, and that none of it is a joke.
- Early Abstract Illusionism paintings by June Julian and their aesthetic context.
- Last Updated:
- 1 year ago
- All Rights Reserved
- Share this:
Item Name: june_julian_abstract-illusionism.pdf Download View in browser Activity: Downloads: 49